For students and researchers
For the public
The Emotional Cognition Lab is often looking for participants to engage with our research by taking part in scientific studies.
We need volunteers to participate in studies in order to gather our research and make scientific breakthroughs! You would have the chance to see what a study entails and give something to the scientific community, not to mention perhaps receiving a reward yourself.
There is a large and varied array of studies available. Studies differ greatly in their content area and what participants would learn, in what they'd be asked to do, and in the time commitment that will be required. For example:
Interested in finding out more? Accessible links on emotional cognition
· If you would like to know more about the brain and how it works, go to the Headway website.
· How are emotions constructed? Here are some answers from a world-leading authority on this question.
· Here you can find out about the relationship between human emotions and those of animals.
· If you want some background knowledge on memory and emotion, a useful website can be found here.
· Here’s a wonderful reflection on the effect of context on our memories.
· And excellent evidence-based tips on improving your memory.
· How can we research pain? Hear about the science of pain research here.